“Where do I start becoming a fashion model?” you can ask. However, what if you had to start in the modeling industry from disappointing? Let’s talk a moment about disappointment in the modeling industry. What? You want me to fail in the modeling industry, you ask? These are valid subjects when you look at the title of this blog. We all want to be motivated as well as keep that motivation to succeed in the motivation industry, don’t we? And importantly, none of us like to fail. It’s not in our nature, is it? Of course not. Nevertheless, if you plan to make it in the modeling industry, you are going to disappoint from time to time. Some talent agencies will most possibly turn you down.
Furthermore, you will not always get that fashion model job you’re after. Welcome to the modeling industry! The problem is, how do you handle failure when it rears its ugly head? That is what we are going to show you in this blog. Keep reading...But, truth is, even disappointment can help you be a (better) fashion model; if, you understand some simple rules.
And, you should not either!
Where did I learn this lesson? So, I did not get it from the modeling industry studio but my own life experiences.
You see, I spent about many years in the modeling industry. Therefore, I know what it’s like to fail in the modeling industry.
Also, I found there are two ways to manage failure:
1. Negatively – I can rant, rave, as well as stamp my feet, shouting “That is not fair!”. Or
2. Positively – I can gain from my blunders, pick up the pieces, also go on to better things.
So, which way gets me closer to my purposes? Which option do you use when you fail in the modeling industry?
With all that said, I want to share some ways I looked at failures to drive myself to the top. You can too!
1. See failure as an opportunity to enhance your craft. You see, many fashion models skip the steps needed to become a real model. And, they question why no one will pick them. Learn all you can from this site, my newsletter, plus other (working) fashion models to become the best model you can be.
2. Don’t let failures make you sad. If you get refused (you most likely will), think about other “losers” in the modeling industry. Furthermore, many models were rejected multiple times before they became working models. So, keep a positive attitude through it all.
3. Don’t Stop! If you ever get this “no go” from a modeling agency, give another try. Then, go back to step number one. See if you can learn from the mistakes you made at the talent agency interview. Then, keep trying until you’re sure you have exhausted every possible means. This is what many of the great models did in the modeling industry.
When you feel the modeling industry is making you down, do not feel sad for yourself. This modeling industry is not always simple. But, it can be exciting for those ready to make a solid effort. Do not forget the 3 points above as well as manage failure as an opportunity, a depression fighter, furthermore keep going even though you’re ready to quit. You are not alone. Thousands of models fail to achieve their dream jobs in the modeling industry because they fail – also quit too soon. So, use your failures as opportunities to improve your fashion modeling skills. Be positive and have faith. And, most of all, don’t quit too soon.